Poker can be a fun card game for the family, or a serious competitive game in which the steaks can be so enormous, even selling your house wouldn’t cover the costs.
For example, let's say the board is 7-7-7-6-6. You have two sixes in the hole, so you have four of a kind. But if your one or more opponents who is betting like crazy, I'd probably put one of them on a 7 in the hole. In that example, the odds of you losing with four of a kind are pretty good.
There are many variations of poker, with Texas Hold ‘Em being the most popular worldwide.
Below are a whole bunch of poker facts and statistics which help you understand the chances of wining and the odds of getting the cards you want.
Chances Of 4 Of A Kind In Texas Holdem Tournaments
Did You Know?
A pocket pair is cards of the same rank, which means if your two cards have the same number, from 2-2 all the way up to A-A, this is called a pocket pair.
- The odds of receiving any pocket pair is 5.9% which is 16 to 1. These are also the same odds of receiving a pocket pair of 2’s.
- The odds of receiving a specific pocket pair: 0.45% or 220 to 1 These are the same odds for receiving a pocket pair of A’s.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of A’s twice in a row is 0.002047% or 48,840 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of K’s is 0.9% which is 220 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of Q’s is 1.4% which is 73 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of J’s is 1.8% which is 54 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 10’s is 2.3% which is 43 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 9’s is 2.7% which is 36 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 8’s is 3.2 which is 31 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 7’s is 3.6% which is 27 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 6’s is 4.1% which is 24 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 5’s is 4.5% which is 21 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 4’s is 5.0% which is 19 to 1.
- The odds of receiving a pocket pair of 3’s is 5.4% which is 17 to 1.
- The following tables provide various probabilities and odds for many of the common events in a game of Texas hold 'em. Odds% Example Win% 330-to-1 0.30% JJ v 77 80% v 20%.
- The odds of hitting quads on the flop are a minuscule 0.2% or 407 to 1. By the river it goes up slightly to 2.1% but the odds are still very much against you. When you do hit four-of-a-kind you’re generally going to be the winner.
- The probability of being dealt a pair in Texas Hold’em is 5.88%, or odds of 1: 16. There are 13 pairs in Hold’em (22 – AA) and for each there are 6 ways to be dealt. There are 6 different ways to form a specific pair and there are 13 different pairs. Meaning there are.
What Are The Odds Of Flopping 4 Of A Kind In Texas Holdem
Poker Fast Facts
The total number of possible royal flush hands in a standard 52 card deck is 4.
And the odds of making a royal flush is 649,739 to 1.
This is correct assuming that every game plays to the river.
In poker terms, the river is the name for the fifth card dealt, face-up on the board.
In total, there are 2,598,960 possible poker hands with 52 cards.
The odds of getting four of a kind in Texas Hold ‘Em is 4164 to 1.
Casinos normally change decks after 15 minutes of steady play, so that the cards can always be fresh and unmarked, as many professional players would be able to remember the certain markings on cards and use that to their advantage.
This is only a basic overview of poker odds, there are many calculators online that can help solve the odds of getting certain hands, depending on what stage of the game you’re at, what cards you currently hold and how many people are playing. Casino resorts near nyc for couples.
Odds Of Flopping 4 Of A Kind In Texas Hold Em
Now you are familiar with these odds, you can use them to your advantage for a better poker strategy when you finally decided to play a tournament.
In Texas Hold-Em Poker the odds of making a royal flush hand is only 649,739 to 1.